Friday, January 8, 2010

My 2010 Reading List

I’m borrowing an idea from Clint Schnekloth at Lutheran Confessions, and sharing my reading list for 2010. It’s mostly books that I’ve had on my shelf for awhile, but haven’t yet read. Some were gifts (yet to be assets); others were cited in other stuff I’ve read—especially the theologically relevant fiction. It’s a diverse mix, indeed. This doesn’t include the commentaries on Judges and resources on Christian/Muslim relations I’m reading in preparation for classes I’m leading at church. What on this list should be a top priority? What else should I add?

  1. And They All Sang: Adventures of an Eclectic Disc Jockey (Studs Terkel)
  2. The Chosen (Chaim Potok)
  3. Complete Stories (Flannery O'Connor)
  4. Death by Suburb: How to Keep the Suburbs from Killing Your Soul (David Goetz)
  5. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
  6. Getting Ready for the New Life: Facing Illness or Death with the Word and Prayers (Richard Bansemer)
  7. The Hammer of God (Bo Giertz)
  8. Joy Unspeakable: Contemplative Practices of the Black Church (Barbara Homes)
  9. The Last Lecture (Randy Pausch)
  10. On the Border: An Environmental History of San Antonio (Char Miller, ed.)
  11. The People's Work: A Social History of the Liturgy (Frank Senn)
  12. Shaking the Gates of Hell: Faith-Led Resistance to Corporate Globalization (Sharon Delgado)

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment